If you are asking yourself the question ’ Is strep throat contagious?’ then you have come to the right place because here we are going to give you all the information you need about this condition. From the beginning you should know that the strep throat is contagious because it is a virus but you should also know why and this is what we are going to explain to you here. Since this condition is specific to children you should be careful not to let him go to school while he is sick because he will spread the infection.
Here are some things that you should know about the strep throat:
- The strep throat is caused by a bacteria called streptococcus.
- This condition is very contagious which is why you should isolate the person who is sick at least until he starts his treatment with antibiotics.
- The bacteria which causes the infection can be found in the nose and throat area.
- The symptoms are: high fever, lymph nodes that are inflamed and with observed tenderness, experience difficulty in swallowing food and loss of appetite.
- You can also suffer from rashes and white patches when you have a strep throat.
- During this period you will lose your appetite because it will be painful to swallow and you will also experience discomfort.
- When you have strep throat you have to take antibiotics in order to distroy the virus. You will need to take them about a week, no more than ten days because if you cross this limit you will hurt your body.
- If you get strep throat from another person then that means that you have a weak immune system which means that you are prone to other diseases too.
- The manifestation of the disease is can be as longer as a week.
- If you do not want to use an artificial treatment you can use homemade treatments such as: gargling warm water mixed with salt, concoctions of apple cider and apple juice or drinking herbal tea.
Now that you know the answer to your question’ Is strep throat contagious?’ we hope that you will be more careful around people who show the signs of this disease. Protect your children from sick kids as much as you can and feed them a lot of fruits and vegetables so that their immune system can stop these conditions from developing in their bodies.